Making Tubes from Hemera Objects
If you have Photo-Objects from Hemera
you can easily make a PSP tube from a Hemera object.
- Load Photo-Objects and choose the object that you want to make into a tube.
Then choose File > Export To.
- In the Export Image To dialog box, choose "GRAPHICS APPLICATION that supposts
32 bit images with transparency mask" and then click Next.
- In the Resize dialog box, choose any settings that you prefer. You'll probably
want to set Units to "pixels" and you'll probably want to keep "Maintain original
aspect ratio" checked. When you've chosen the settings you want, click Next.
- In the Save dialog box, choose "TIFF with Transparency (*.tif)". Then either click
Save to save the file in the folder whose path is currently displayed or click
Save As to select another folder. When you have the folder that you want to save the
TIFF image to, click Save and then click Cancel.
- Now load Paint Shop Pro and open the TIFF file that you just created. What you'll
see is your object on a white background. To get rid of the background you need
to load the mask that was saved as an alpha channel when the TIFF was created.
The first step is to
choose Masks > Load From Alpha Channel. You'll then see a preview of the
alpha channel in the Load From Alpha dialog box. There's only one alpha channel here,
so you just need to click OK to load the channel.
- The next thing to do is merge the loaded mask with the image. Choose Masks > Delete,
and when you're asked "Would you like this mask merged with the currect layer?" choose
Your image will now have a transparent background:
- Now you simply need to export your image as a tube. Choose File > Export >
Picture Tube. In the Export Picture Tube dialog box, choose whatever settings you want
(and if you're not sure what settings to choose, simply accept the defaults).
Give your tube a name and click OK.
You can now close your TIFF file, because you don't need it anymore. In fact,
you can delete the TIFF if you wish.
Your new tube is now ready to use the next time you choose the Picture Tube tool!
Copyright ©2000-2001 Lori J. Davis
All rights reserved